PSYchoDynamics provides clinical supervision to those in search of a collaborative, client-centered, problem-solving and supportive process. Supervision can occur online or in person, individually or in groups with clinical training and/or educational sessions also available. Supervision services are provided for clinicians, therapists, or counselors seeking postgraduate or continuous support and/or for those pursuing licensure in Psychology or certification as a Sex Offender Treatment Provider.
I approach my work with children, adolescents and families from an integrated approach, strongly influenced by ecosystemic, psychodynamic, developmental and positive psychology. My perspective is that:
- Dysfunctional patterns are learned within primary relationships and are repeated
- Change occurs within a relationship providing corrective experiences
- How needs are expressed changes and should be addressed depending on the stage of development
- Changes made to one part of the system can lead to changes to the whole system
- It is easier, faster and more effective to move others toward what they want than away from what they do not want
- Meaningful change takes time, is not linear, and requires guidance, practice, trial and error, and support
No matter your orientation or perspective (CBT, ACT, DBT, REBT, SFBT, etc), studies indicate that non-specific interpersonal qualities are essential to the therapeutic process, and are equally important within the supervisory relationship. These characteristics will be emphasized in our supervision as they have been considered keys to clinical effectiveness and problem solving.